Saturday, February 20, 2010

Potty please

Jenna and I have been having the occasional “potty talk”. “Big girls pee pee in the potty”, “do you need to go pee pee or poo poo?”, etc. This morning we had our first try at it. She woke up with a pretty dry diaper on, which is the first step. My initial thought was, maybe…..just maybe she’ll go on the potty this time. So, we went in the bathroom, got undressed, and sat on the potty. And sat, and sat, and sat….. I talked her through it, “big girls...this and big girls… that” She simply wasn’t ready. I took her off of the potty, pulled her pants up and explained, “if she were to pee pee on the potty she could wear panties and not a bulky diaper”. I started into her bedroom to get a clean diaper while she mulled that over for a second. I soon heard the pitter patter of her two little feet (she follows me everywhere I go when we’re home). The pitter patter stopped and was followed by a dripping sound. “What in the world is that?”, I thought. When it hit me, Jenna was standing in the hallway, peeing in the floor!!!!! Ugh. Our first attempt failed….miserably. :) But it sure was cute to see her so excited to try.